Become a Member
May we suggest: A Museum Membership
Please consider becoming a Imperial Calcasieu Museum member. It's a fun, educational and worthwhile investment in our community. Better yet, consider giving a museum membership as a gift to someone special!
- $25 Student- One year membership to the ICM, and access to archives for research.
- $50 Imperial Contributor- One year membership to the ICM and discounts on admission fees to special events and programs.
- $100 Imperial Supporter- One year membership to the ICM, discounts on admission fees to special events and programs, and one "gift membership."
- $250 Imperial Member- Invitations to private "preview" parties in advance of exhibit openings, private preview of the Upscale Attic Sale. Invitations to the Members Appreciation Party and other Special Events. Listing on the Donor Wall in the Gibson-Barham Gallery and two "gift memberships.
- $500 Imperial Friend- Invitations to private "preview" parties in advance of exhibit openings, private previews of the Upscale Attic Sale. Invitations to the Members Appreciation Party and other Special Events. Listing on the Donor Wall in the Gibson Barham Gallery and three "gift memberships."
Your support of the ICM through a membership allows us to:
- Provide admission-free guided tours to more than 3,900 school children annually in grades 4-6. More than 50 percent of these children are from low-income schools who might not have the opportunity otherwise to visit a museum and receive the educational benefit without your support.
- Produce 7,000 curriculum guides and workbooks for educators and students. These educational materials enable teachers to prepare students before they visit our exhibits, and the student books and activities ensure that the learning opportunity follows from the museum back to our schools.
- Self-produce first class exhibits that would rival those of any museum in the state. Funds for printing, exhibit preparation, research and installation supplies are all spent with local providers, keeping dollars in our community and supporting our local economy.
- Operate more than 300 days a year, with 161 days of special event programming, such as exhibits, tours, the annual children's Summer Arts Camp, the annual Summer Film & Lecture Series and receptions for out-of-town guests, travel writers and tour groups.