Louisiana Through the Lens: Photographs by Debbie Fleming Caffery
from the New Orleans Museum of Art
Opening Friday,January 17th at 6 P.M. in the Gibson Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. This exhibit will showcase works by famed Louisiana photographer Debbie Fleming Caffery. This exhibit is organized by the New Orleans Museum of Art and is underwritten, in part, by the Harry T. Howard, III Foundation. This exhibit will be on display until March 1st.
The exhibit is sponsored by
- "Tuesdays with Morrie" - A theatrical staging of the memoir by American writer Mitch Albom and Jeffrey Hatcher. Directed by Carolyn Woosley. Starring Michael Goldman and Michael Muffuletto.
Dates of performances are: March 13th, 14th, & 15th at 7p.m. in the Gibson Barham Gallery. Tickets are $15 for Adults and $10 for Students. For tickets and addition information please call (337) 436-6275 or visit itineranttheatre.com.
- "Black & White" Annual K-12 Calcasieu Parish Art Students Juried Show- Opening Reception Thursday, March 20th from 6 to 8 P.M. in the Gibson Barham Gallery. An annual audience favorite, the student art show features specially chosen art work created by young artists in Kindergarten through 12th grade of Calcasieu Parish Schools. The show will be exhibited until Saturday April 26th.
BOOGALOO- Boogaloo on Broadway Saturday April 12th, 2014 from 8 p.m. to Midnight at the Cash and Carry Event Center. More information TBA
Mark your calendars for this spectacular event, you don't want to miss the party of the year!
- Itinerant Theatre presents "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" - A theatrical staging of the 1962 play by Edward Albee by the Itinerant Theatre group. Dates of performances are: May 16th & 17th and 23rd & 24th. Details and ticket information TBA.
- Summer Art Mini-Camp - We will have 2 one-week long sessions June 16th-20th & 23rd-27th from 1 - 3:30 p.m. Classes are open to children who have completed 3rd - 8th grade.
- Summer Film Series - On Thursdays of July: 11th, 18th, 25th, & August 1st, we will screen different films accompanied by a lecture and brief Q&A session following the screening. Popcorn is free and refreshments are available for purchase.
- Summer Art Camp - We will have 3 one-week long sessions July 7th-11th, 14th-18th, & 21st-26th from 9-11:30 a.m. Children will work on a variety of projects with mediums consisting of: drawing, painting, printmaking, and ceramics.
- Seldom Seen Works By Lynda Benglis - The exhibit will showcase seldom seen works by the world-renowned Louisiana artist. More information TBA.
- Recent Works by José-Maria Cundin- The
exhibit will showcase new works by the world-renowned Louisiana artist . The Opening Reception will be held Friday, November 14th, 6-8 P.M.
in the Gibson Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. A gallery talk will be given. More information TBA