- "Feathers & Fins"- The Annual Calcasieu Parish Public School K-12 students Juried Art Exhibit. The Opening Reception will be held Thursday, March 19th, 5:30-7:30 P.M. in the Gibson-Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. This exhibit will be on display until April 30th.
- BOOGALOO - Saturday, April 18th, 2015 8 - midnight.
Boogaloo 2015 celebrates “Bond...James Bond” at the
biggest party of the year – Saturday, April 18, 2015—8 p.m. to midnight
at Cash and Carry- Enterprise at Broad St. This year promises to be
another lively Boogaloo, with music by The Flamethrowers, wonderful food
from local chefs, and other surprises- trust us!
For 52 years, the Imperial Calcasieu Museum has been a cultural and educational resource for our community; providing model educational programs, extraordinary visual arts exhibits, and innovative programming for all ages. Boogaloo raises annual operating funds for the Museum to continue adding value to the community through programs which encourage participation in both the visual arts and preservation of our unique cultural heritage.
Tickets are $60 for non-members / $50 for members, and can be purchased at the Museum, PaperSmith, and Gordon's Pharmacy and Fine Gifts. You can help by becoming a Boogaloo Sponsor. Please contact us for information about becoming a sponsor or for ticket information at (337) 439-3797 or (337) 439-3793 & by email at email@example.com .
Rev up your Aston Martin, grab a “Bond Girl” (or 2 or 3) and dash to Cash and Carry on April 18, 2015. We can’t promise that the Queen will parachute in, but we can promise that you will be royally entertained, “Bond style” with exotic scenery from Russia (with Love) to the Caribbean, “shaken not stirred” martinis, and an arch villain or two thrown in for good measure. In short, if you do not have the time of your life, then you were not there!
- "Playing with Fire" - The
exhibit will feature recent work by local ceramic artists Anita Ahrens, Julie Dallas, & Charlene Kaough.
The Opening Reception will be held Friday, May 15th, 6-8 P.M.
in the Gibson-Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. A
gallery talk will be given. This exhibit will be on display until June 27th.
- Summer Film Series - On Thursdays of July: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, and August 6th. We will screen different films accompanied by a lecture and brief Q&A session following each film. Popcorn is free and refreshments are available for purchase. A list of films and presenters TBA soon.
- Summer Art Camp - We will have 4 one-week long sessions July 6-10, 13-17, 20-24, & 27-31 at 9-11:30 a.m daily. Classes are open for students who have completed grades K through 8. Children will work on a variety of projects with mediums consisting of: drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics and more based styles of Art Deco. More information TBA.