- Robbie Austin: GLIMMER TWINS - Exhibit will showcase new works by the Lake Charles native. The Opening Reception will be held Friday, January 16th, 6-8 P.M. in the Gibson-Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. A gallery talk will be given. This exhibit will be on display until February 27th. More information TBA.
- Mardi Gras holiday closures - Closed all day Fat Tuesday, February 17th, and opening late at 11 a.m. on Ash Wednesday, February 18th. Sorry for any inconvenience, we will resume hour normal operating schedule after Ash Wednesday.
Happy Mardi Gras and Laissez les bons temps rouler !
- "Feathers & Fins"- The Annual Calcasieu Parish Public School K-12 students Juried Art Exhibit. The Opening Reception will be held Thursday, March 19th, 5-7 P.M. in the Gibson-Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. This exhibit will be on display until April 30th.
- MOSSVILLE HISTORY PROJECT
The Imperial Calcasieu Museum, in partnership with the Louisiana State University/T. Harry Williams Center for Oral History and local writer/journalist Bill Shearman, was awarded a grant from Sasol of more than $275,000, to capture, record, preserve and make available the written and oral history of the people and community of Mossville. When complete, the exhibit will feature written and oral histories, copies of family photographs, aerial photographs, video and photographs of standing structures and artifacts. To capture these historical assets, the project team will host a series of oral history days in the Mossville community. The Museum will accept items for donation and oral historians will interview participants about life in Mossville.
Upcoming Oral History Day: Friday, March 27, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m at the Rigmaiden Recreation Center, located at 3825 Old Spanish Trail.
**To reserve your 20 minute interview slot, please call or email the LSU T. Harry Williams Center for Oral History at 225-578-6577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Bring: Family photos, documents, and artifacts to be copied and returned. Donations of artifacts to the Museum will be accepted.
Please continue to reference the Mossville History Project page of our website for the latest updates and information related to the Mossville History Project’s progress to date, planned oral history days and more.
- BOOGALOO - Saturday, April 18th, 2015 8 - midnight. The Museum's annual fundraiser, Boogaloo is the biggest party of the year. Join us at the Cash and Carry on the corner of Broad and Enterprise for a night filled with fabulous music, great food from local chefs, and other noteworthy surprises. More information TBA.
- "Playing with Fire" - The
exhibit will feature recent work by local ceramic artists Anita Ahrens, Julie Dalas, Charlene Kaough & friends.
The Opening Reception will be held Friday, May 15th, 6-8 P.M.
in the Gibson-Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. A
gallery talk will be given. This exhibit will be on display until June 27th. More information TBA.
- Summer Film Series - On Thursdays of July: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, and August 7th & 13th. we will screen different films accompanied by a lecture and brief Q&A session following each film. Popcorn is free and refreshments are available for purchase.
- Summer Art Camp - We will have 3 one-week long sessions July 7-11, 14-18, & 21-25 at 9-11:30 a.m daily. Classes are open for students who have completed grades K through 8. Children will work on a variety of projects with mediums consisting of: drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics and more based on the study of Asian art techniques.