- "Black & White" Annual K-12 Calcasieu Parish Art Students Juried Show- Opening Reception Thursday, March 20th from 6 to 8 P.M. in the Gibson Barham Gallery. An annual audience favorite, the student art show features specially chosen art work created by young artists in Kindergarten through 12th grade of Calcasieu Parish Schools. The show will be exhibited until Saturday April 26th.
BOOGALOO- Boogaloo on Broadway Saturday April 12th, 2014 from 8 p.m. to Midnight at the Cash and Carry Event Center. More information TBA
Mark your calendars for this spectacular event, you don't want to miss the party of the year!
"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" - A theatrical staging of the 1962 play by Edward Albee by the Itinerant Theatre group. Starring Frank Cooper, Joy Pace, Jordan Ashworth and Ronald Doyle. Dates of performances are: May 16,17,22,23,&24 at 7p.m. in the Gibson Barham Gallery. Tickets are $15 for Adults and $10 for Students. For tickets and additional information please call (337) 436-6275 or visit itineranttheatre.com.
- Art Focus Mini-Camp - We will have 2 one-week long sessions June 16th-20th & 23rd-27th from 1 - 3:30 p.m. Classes are open to children who have completed 3rd - 8th grade. More info tba.
- Summer Film Series - On Thursdays of July: 11th, 18th, 25th, & August 1st, we will screen different films accompanied by a lecture and brief Q&A session following the screening. Popcorn is free and refreshments are available for purchase.
- Summer Art Camp - We will have 3 one-week long sessions July 7-11, 14-18, & 21-25 9-11:30 a.m daily. Classes
are open for students who have completed grades K through 8. Children will work on a variety of projects with mediums consisting of: drawing, painting, printmaking, and ceramics. More info tba.
- Seldom Seen Works By Lynda Benglis - The exhibit will showcase seldom seen works by the world-renowned Louisiana artist. More information TBA.
- "PISCIS" by José-Maria Cundin- The
exhibit will showcase new works by the world-renowned Louisiana artist . The Opening Reception will be held Friday, November 14th, 6-8 P.M.
in the Gibson Barham Gallery of the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. A gallery talk will be given. More information TBA