- Louisiana's Music - This exhibit showcases the winning artwork from the Georg Rodrigue Foundation of the Art's 2015 Art Contest. This exhibit opens Friday, September 11th in the Gibson-Barham Library and will be on display through October 10th.
Executive Director of the George Rodrigue Foundation of the Arts, Jacques Rodrigue, and the finalists of the 2015 Art Contest at the Scholarship & Award Luncheon in New Orleans April 2015.
- Rodrigue- This exhibit will feature prints and paintings by the iconic Louisiana artist, George Rodrigue. The exhibit will open Friday, September 11th, in the Gibson-Barham Gallery of the Museum. The exhibit will be on display through October 27th.
- Wine Dinner: Fall Benefit -
Thursday, October 15, 2015 | 7 P.M. | the Blue Dog Cafe on Ryan St.
Join us as part of the Rouge et Blanc dining series for a five course dinner, each an award winning treat, with wines and commentary by D.C. Flynt, Master of Wine.
Seafood Wontons with Plum Ginger Dipping Sauce | Corn & Crab Bisque | Caesar Salad Crawfish Enchilada with Cumin Mornay Sauce, Dirty Dog Rice, and Corn Maque Choux and Bread Pudding with Pecan Praline Sauce.
** Included as part of this event is an invitation to a lecture on The Blue Dog by Jacque Rodrigue September 30,2015 in the Gibson-Barham Gallery of the Museum. ***ticket cost is tax deductible to the extent provided by the law.
Tickets can be purchased at the Museum or online here.
For more information please contact the Museum at 337-439-3797 or firstname.lastname@example.org
-Boyd & Angela- Exhibit will showcase seldom seen works by both renowned Louisiana artists. The exhibit will open Friday November 13th in the Gibson-Barham Library of the Museum and will be on display through December 19th.
- Jean Seidenberg- Exhibit of recent works by renowned Louisiana artist. More information TBA.
-If ?- The Annual Calcasieu Parish Public School K-12 Art students Juried Art Exhibit. The Opening Reception will be held Thursday March 17th, 5-7 p.m. in the Gibson-Barham Gallery. This exhibit will run through April 23rd.
- BOOGALOO- Saturday April 9th, 8 - midnight. Boogaloo, the Museum's annual fundraiser, is the biggest party of the year. Join us a t Cash and Carry on the corner of Broad and Enterprise for a night filled with great music, tantalizing food from local chefs, and other fantastic surprises.
-Summer Film Series - On the Thursdays of July 7, 14, 21, 28 and August 4 & 11 we will screen different films accompanied by a lecture by local film buffs and a brief Q&A session following the film. Popcorn is free and refreshments are available for purchase. (films TBA) - Branch Out Summer Art Camp- We will have 3 one week long sessions for the weeks of July 10-15, 17-22, & 24-29. Classes are from 9 - 11:30 a.m. daily. Art Camp is open to children who have completed K through 8. Students work on a variety of projects with mediums consisting of: drawing, painting, printmaking, and ceramics.